Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Birthday Rundown

So my birthday was on the 21st. That's right, I'm a Solstice baby. Not really a great day.. I got to sleep in, but I think that was the high point for the day. Presents were all given prior to my birthday, and we spent the day trying to figure out what to do. Now normally, it is tradition in my family to have "Birthday Pancakes" in the morning. These tend to be pancakes served in the way the lucky person likes, with a candle.

No such luck. Diets suck.

So instead, a small bit of cereal, cup and a half of milk, and an apple. Yeah. Living wild. I did manage to sneak out with three pieces of Turkey Bacon. Total scorage. Shortly after breakfast, as I was getting ready to shower... BAM! We loose electricity. So much for that.

So we spent most of the day, figuring out what to do. At one point the Drama llama took over, and I decided to break for the day, and get away. I found a nice park, grabbed my cross-stitch, and chilled out and got some work done in the car listening to the summer rain. It was fairly threrapudic to just relax, and get into the rhythm of the needle work, listening to the quiet environment while sensing the pattering of the rain.

We ended up going out to mexican for lunch, and I gorged myself out on tortilla chips. So long diet. I was actually hoping to hit Fire and Ice in Boston, but no such luck with the crew, no one else wanted to go that far.

No birthday cake, but was going to go to get ice cream, but the Drama Llama struck again. I swear I need llama repellent.


All in all though, my birthday gifts were very nice and very thoughtfull. From the OH, I scored the following Transformers: The fallen, ROTF Soundwave, and the entire Classics Robot Heroes line. I was very surprised by this. From the Drama Llama himself, I ended up getting the entire DVD series of Fushigi Yuugi, which was a good 8 DVDs. I can't wait to break into it, but we have sooo many anime and TV series that we're still trying to get through, I expect to get to it in a few years. From the would-be sister-in-law and the neices and nephew, I got three much needed new shirts, a Transformers Bag, and a Transformers: Return of the Fallen: Sideways. SQUEE! Best of all, an attempt at a bairthday cake the week before. It was a great attempt at a cake, and I don't hold it against my young niece for not making sure it was totally done... I was a good uncle and choked it down like a vaccum cleaner.

The big surprise though, was actually on Tuesday. I was in a huge rush to get to our home for some prospective future plans, that I fell for a trick. I was told that we were stopping to get a copy of "Batman Arkham Asylum" for the PS3, and stayed in the car.

To my surprise, the bad tossed at me as the OH got in the car was not a PS3 case, but was a small box. In the box, was a brand new 32 Gig iPod Touch. Seemed someone was holding out on me, and wanted to make me cry. It worked. Big baby tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment